WHAT KIND OF HELP CAN BE PROVIDED BY THE EMBASSY
– Should your travel document be lost or stolen, the Embassy can issue an emergency travel document for your return to Bosnia and Herzegovina.
– Should you be arrested or imprisoned, you can ask that the BiH Embassy be notified thereon. A consular employee can notify the local authorities that you are under BiH consular protection and ask to be informed about the reason for your arrest, and also ask an appropriate permit to see you. He would also verify the conditions under which you were arrested and whether on the occasion of the arrest, all local regulations were observed. Consular employee may, upon your request, obtain a list of attorneys who could defend you (you would pay attorney’s fee cost).
– Should you be ill, if you request assistance, a consular employee could help you to find appropriate health institution (you would pay health treatment costs).
– Should you be involved in a serious accident, a consular employee shall, through a relevant authority, notify your family thereon. Should your family request so, a consular employee would consider together with the family the continuation of your hospitalization (you would pay hospital costs).
– In case of death, a consular employee shall notify the family thereof. Should the family request so, a consular employee would inform the family about the legal procedures related to transport of the remains to the homeland or their burial (costs to be settled by the family or the deceased person’s insurance).
– Should there arise any problem with the local authorities, a consular employee can counsel you and provide you with useful contacts (attorneys, interpreters etc.).
WHAT KIND OF HELP CANNOT BE PROVIDED BY THE EMBASSY
– Embassy cannot send you back to BiH at expense of the state.
– Embassy cannot settle your fines, hotel bills, hospital expenses, or any other of your expenses.
– Embassy cannot interfere with a court proceedings in order to achieve your acquittal, if it is a criminal proceedings.
– Embassy does not act as a travel agency, bank institution or insurance company.
– Embassy cannot provide you consular protection if you have (also) the citizenship of the country in which you stay.