RENUNCIATION OF CITIZENSHIP
– Valid BiH passport,
– Valid BiH personal ID card or certificate of non-holding the same,
– Excerpt from the BiH Registrar of Births, not older than 6 months,
– Certificate of BiH Citizenship, not older than 6 months,
– Excerpt from the BiH Registrar of Marriages, not older than 6 months,
(If the applicant is married),
– Judgment of Dissolution of Marriage (If the applicant is divorced),
– Written assurance that he/she will acquire the citizenship of another country or a proof evidencing the acquired citizenship of another country, together with its certified translation to one of the BiH official languages,
– Certificate of residence or address abroad, not older than 6 months, together with its certified translation to one of the BiH official languages,
– Declaration of renunciation of citizenship (the declaration has to be compiled, signed and authenticated at the BiH Embassy to Moscow on occasion of submitting the application).
– 250 € for Declaration of renunciation of citizenship per person
– 410 € for issuance of a Decision on cessation of the BiH citizenship (a family pays a single fee for all its members, if they applied simultaneously)
– For each person for whom an application is submitted, there should be recorded his/her unique personal number in the personal documents data base.
– Name and surname of the applicant must be identical in all attached documents.
– For minors, the application for renunciation of citizenship is submitted by both parents or by one parent with consent of the other, provided that at least one parent renounced his/her BiH citizenship or simultaneously submitted application for renouncing his/her citizenship. If the other parent is foreigner, for him/her must be attached the Certificate of Citizenship of the other country, and if the other parent died, an Excerpt from the Registrar of Deaths must be attached. If one parent was deprived of his/her right to parental care, a Decision of the competent court on depriving him/her of right to parental care must be attached. If the minor is older than 14, his/her consent is required as well.
– Decision on cessation of BiH citizenship is issued by the Ministry of Civil Affairs of Bosnia and Herzegovina.